Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tis the Season to be Jolly

You know it's the holiday season, when you've eaten too much food, the air is cold outside especially when you whip out that jacket and scarf, AND when Christmas carolers walk into your work and start singing. Yes, that's right, I said it, Christmas carolers. It's not everyday you see carolers midday at work. But I did today.

I came out of my office from the back of the store to hand some stuff to my co-worker on the other side of the office/affiliate, when I heard some singing. At first I thought it was a couple of our volunteers with good cheer. But as I walked closer, I saw three images near the entrance of the door. They were definitely of Asian descent, I'm assuming they were Filipinos. So, they're all in their Christmas/ holiday cheer, all singing, with the one guy sandwiched between two girls playing the guitar. Apparently their story was they were traveling from California from their church, just going around the country singing Christmas carols to help fund money for a charity. It was amazing and uplifting. I never thought I would see carolers, ever. And traveling to raise money for charity too. One word, crazy. But I guess, I should say never say never to any possibility. As Forrest Gump says, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you'll never know what you're gonna get." =P

So for the past couple months, I'm trying to stay up to date with my r&b and hip-hop music/music videos. And I've done this through MySpace and *drum roll* 106 and park. Today, 106 and park debuted Jamie Foxx's new single, "Just Like Me." His new single features TI and I'm loving the song. Reminds me of a little r&b classic, but still towards what the mainstream would like. It makes me excited about Jamie Foxx's new album! His new album, Intuition, will come out Tuesday, December 16. Now check out the music video, so cute and funny, heehee.


No comments:

Post a Comment