Friday, December 5, 2008

Sunny came home...It just feels so good

I don't know if anybody misses any of the music they listen to back in the day, but I know I do. Earlier today at work, I heard a classic that reminded me of my middle school days. "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin. Yes, I know it's kind of an old song for someone like me in middle school, but it was just so soothing back then and I stand by it, lol. So after hearing "Sunny Came Home", I thought about other old school jams I used to love to listen. I thought about my hip hop to pop to rock and then techno just popped up in my head. One word, Rockell!

Rockell's music was pure hotness for me. It pleased my ears with the vocals and the pop-ish/electronica beats. So I just open up Pandora, type Rockell, and it just brought me back to skating and summer days. Stevie B, Jocelyn Enriquez, Cynthia, Gigi, etc. "Do you miss me, do you miss..." It was so nostalgic that I had such a natural high. So high that I got so much done at work. Young and carefree. Skating around the rink. Blasting the music out of my car every summer. Sigh. Those were the days.

Oh and it didn't end just there. As I was driving to my friend's to go to the mall for some Christmas shopping, I heard another classic (well for me at least), and this time it was some hip hop. It was Puffy and Ma$e, and then the old school joints continued on from there. Those were the days when when Sean Combs was "Puffy" and did not refer to himself as "Diddy" and when Ma$e first came out as a rapper and not a priest. Times have changed, but classics still live on.

We all love to reminisce and what better way to do that than listen to our old school joints. Whip out that cassette or record player, jump on Pandora or find that playlist in your mp3 player. And for the young folks, you guys just may like it too, just give it a chance. It just feels so good.

1 comment: