Friday, June 26, 2009

King of Pop at Half a Century

I know I'm pretty late with the news, but I guess this is what happens when you're out of the house and your phone just doesn't work. I already heard during the first intermission from JenBabe, but as I got out of seeing the Royal Ballet perform Manon, KD informed me the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, had just died earlier. =o How crazy is that, especially since before that it was announced Farrah Fawcett died also. :(

Now we (young and old) all know Michael Jackson is crowned the King of Pop. This is a man who brought different styles of clothes, dance, music, faces, etc. He's a person who's influenced and/or worked with so many artists I love today. He's definitely become a symbol or more like an emblazoned icon in everyone's mind. Just think, he's lived in the entertainment biz his whole life from child to adult through all those trials and tribulations.

Man, I can't remember my first memory of when I first heard about Michael Jackson, but I do have one that is memorable and promising. I remember watching the Superbowl halftime one year, and it's the song "Heal the World" that just stuck with me. Seeing Jackson perform that song with so much hope and surrounding the whole stadium, just made me love music even more. Loving and knowing you can always have a positive message through a song.

Whether crazy or sane, good or bad, Michael Jackson will always be remembered. RIP King of Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment