Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Should I Hate It or Love It

Now we've all come across songs that we love and hate. And that's probably because we love the beats, but hate the underlying themes and lyrics. Yes, most music out there today probably has no substance, and that's what the popular has come to accept and love. So when I come across an artist with a great story nowadays I appreciate that rawness, but I do digress.

Many times, I'm guilty loving songs that have no substance, but I'm fine with it. One example is Lady Gaga's album, Fame, where the theme here is just about having fun and partying, and I just love to jam to it. But I do have problems when the lyrics are derogatory, i.e. Yin Yang Twins' song, "Get Low."

So I've come to hear an R. Kelly song, and the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear R. Kelly is either R&B singer and/or pedophile (it's true, don't deny it.) So earlier I heard a banging beat that's great to go out to (and I love music like that) but then I heard something about being Superman high, and it just disgusts me when I listen to the lyrics. Lo and behold it will surprise you, it's R. Kelly's new song, which is more like club rap than his usual R&B hits.

So check it out, R. Kelly's "Superman High," do you love it or hate it??


R. Kelly ft. OJ Da Juiceman - Superman High

No comments:

Post a Comment