Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kid Cudi, Say it isn't so

I remember first hearing Day n' Nite earlier this year when I visited home back in Tampa, and I thought it would take another couple months (or maybe longer) before I heard Kid Cudi's song in DC. Boy was I wrong. Over the weekend, I hung out with my buddies at Lucky Bar and in the middle of all the old school (80s pop and hip-hop), top pop, dirty south, and new rap, and then I hear, "it's day n' nite..." Oh snap, Kid Cudi has blown up all over now, especially if I hear it in DC. Mad props to the DJ that night who played the song.

Now if you didn't know at the end of March, Crate Kings informed their readers Kid Cudi was looking for beat makers, accepting open submissions for possible new tracks for his new album. But is it out the door now? To those who have already e-mailed him, no, but it sounds like you can't send any new e-mails anymore. Apparently his inbox is packed to the max with beats, so for all those who are too late to respond, oh well. You snooze, you lose. Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment