Monday, January 11, 2010

Love Me

Wow, it feels like decades (well, okay, some months) since I've heard any new music or blogged about any music, but work has consumed my life entirely now. Even though it's still no excuse. So, even though I find it difficult to find and listen to new music, it hasn't stopped me my habit of buying new CDs, i.e. Jay Sean's All or Nothing.

I recently got a chance to dust my netbook (my lovely HP Mini) to turn it on and find my Pandora account. Oh thank goodness, for all the different types of "radios" I've created. One of the radios which I based off Jay Sean's "Down," I heard a mix that sounded like a FloRida beat, but the chorus line was so reminiscent of my early 90s love. I heard "love me, love me, say that you love me." Going crazy in my mind, oh snap, it's The Cardigan's song, "Lovefool," which brought me back to my middle school days. Though while listening it wasn't the same. The vocalist wasn't a female, but a young male voice. Lo and behold, when I switched windows back to Pandora, I saw it was Justin Bieber, Usher's new artist on Island records.


Justin Bieber - Love Me


The Cardigans - Lovefool

I remember when I first saw and heard this kid on YouTube. Since he was so young I didn't give him much cred. But who knew that Bieber would blow up and have Justin Timberlake and Usher try to get him on their record labels. It shows how technology and social media is changing the way we're looking for new entertainment and potential artists. For all my favorite underground artists who want to be on a major record label, I hope you're able to make it. Cross fingers and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment