Thursday, July 16, 2009

America's Got Talent's "Susan Boyle"

Tonight America's Got Talent (AGT) and So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) called out my name. If you don't know, one of my guilty pleasures is watching reality TV shows. So I have noticed it's been quite awhile since I've watched any, but maybe when you need to find financial stability again, you don't miss it.

Well, I'm glad I didn't miss tonight's AGT, even if I was jumping between AGT and SYTYCD (one song I loved was "Rock Your Soul" by Elisa.) I witnessed America's "Susan Boyle." If you've been living under a rock in the deep sea, you still should know about Susan Boyle, but if not, I'll recapture. Boyle auditioned and competed in Britain's Got Talent earlier this year. She was referred to the public as an ugly duckling who auditioned just for her mother in the hospital. But she had a beautiful voice, one that resounded to the world as one of the most powerful, sweetest voices to exist. And she moved on to the next round! Viral media took a storm and started to post articles, blogs, and videos of Boyle. Fame and exposure took a toll on Boyle's tender soul that it caused a breakdown. But that's just a little jiffy about Boyle.

So back to the point, America's "Susan Boyle" is Kari Callin. From what I remember, Callin knows she has a great voice. She's auditioned before, but have always known she hasn't gotten the job due to her looks. A look which seems to be from a cleft surgery. The story Callin told the audience and judges tonight was about her audition on a cruise ship. She got on stage, but before she could even open her mouth, the coordinator said she wasn't fit for the position. Ugh, what an outrage! Thanks to AGT, Callin's talents are publicly known now. If I were Callin, I would rub the TV success to all those people who denied me/her. I hope she wins or at least make it into the final rounds. And even if she doesn't, I wish her the best to find something in any music-related industry. Talent like hers should not be wasted, Hasselhoff, Piers, and Sharon know that all too well.

Oh and one more thing, even though I love Mariah Carey, I thought it was ridiculous to end the show with MC's new music video, "Obsessed." But props to MC and her management for figuring out a way to incorporate the music, i.e. hubby - Nick Cannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment